HMI: Human Machine Interface
Modern manufacturing machines are highly automated but there still needs to be a method for a Human operator to provide input to control the machine. What used to be done by push buttons and switches is now commonly controlled by a HMI (Human Machine Interface) or what is commonly known as a Touch Screen or Operator Interface. Development in touch screens has followed right along with the trend of our televisions. Screens are getting bigger, brighter, having more colors available, and with many more communication features and all at lower costs. HMI doesn’t just initiate a machine operation it can also be used to provide information on the machine performance to the human operator. Things like product counts, material levels, alerts, etc. can all be shown graphically on the touch screen.
Provoast Automation Controls Knows Human Machine Interfaces
- Touch screens available in 5.7", 8.4", 10.4" & 12.1" color displays with 65,536 colors.
- The displays are available with resolutions up to 800x600 pixels for sharp images and are the brightest currently on the market.
- Programming software is extremely easy to use and can interface with any Idec or major brand PLC language.
- We also carry Text Displays if you do not need to have a full blown HMI. These will be useful for simple applications.
- Idec and Delta are investing heavily in developing the latest touch screen technology.
- We have a large inventory of HMI Touch screens readily available to meet your delivery requirements.
We have demo units available to show you how they perform in person. To make an appointment to see the demo just let us know and we will have our Electrical Product Specialist come by to show you not only the capability of the touch screen but also our Account Managers. Contact us.